Artists by Alphabet































 #   A   B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I   J   K   L   M   N   O   P   Q   R   S   T   U   V   W   X   Y   Z 





























Sparkly Ice

Hank Snow : Love Entered The Cold Iron Door [Music : Lyrics]



They tell me in their letter sweetheart
That we can never wed
To make you my bride would hurt their pride
You must marry an Earl instead.

Their riches they say, they never will share
With me 'cause I am poor
And that they placed you in a cell
Behind a cold iron door.

My love for you will never never die
My fight I will carry it through
It is written where there's a will, there's a way
And someday the sky will be blue.

I pray to the maker in heaven each night
And I know you've been praying for me
That he guides every step to the end of the trail
Where love meets and sets you free.

He tunneled his way through the cold dreary ground
Each night he made his way
A race against time that soon he must find
Before her dark wedding day.

At last a faint weary cry he heard
His fight for love it was o'er
Thank god I reached you my darling tonight
I've struck the cold iron door.

One mighty blast and behold and at last
The big gate swung far aside
Imprisoned there like some lonely bird
I found my future bride.

Although they took you away from my arms
You've been punished for loving the poor
Thank god my love for you at last
Has entered the cold iron door.